Friday, October 15, 2010

Your normal is MY weird

I had a good friend tell me that yesterday. I realized that I REALLY do have the weirdest things happen to me.

Last weekend, I drove down to Atlanta for a weekend full of Lindy Hop classes and competitions. (I even went back after last year's less than stellar weekend.) I made plans to stay with my good friend, a girl I have known and danced with often over the past two years. We agreed that the general plan would be for me to sleep in her guest bedroom. (Which would be a considerable upgrade from my usual place on an air mattress on the floor.)

I arrive at her house LATE (early?) after the late night dance, around 2am. Everyone is already asleep. So I walk in the front door and promptly trip. On my own feet. Of course.

I gather all my stuff and trapse all the way up the old, creaky, rickety stairs. I finally make it up to my bedroom. I toss all my stuff on the floor and start looking for the light switch. It is DARK. And in that darkness, I hear a voice. A MAN'S VOICE.

Strange man: "I don't want to scare you or anything, but I'm in here. I just wanted to let you know."

I turn around, completely mortified. I feel AWFUL for waking this poor guy up.

Me: "I'm so sorry! I must be in the wrong room! I thought this was the guest bedroom!"

Strange man: "No, you're in the right room. You're actually going to be sharing this bed. With ME."

Me: ".........."

Me: "I'm sorry."  "...........What?"

Strange man: "You will be sleeping. in this bed. with me."

Me: "Um. I don't know you."

This strange man that was in MY BED, gets up, walks over to me IN HIS UNDERWEAR, and introduces himself.

Strange man: "Hi, I'm Alex."

Me: "Hi. Okay. I still don't know you. I don't even know your last name!"

Alex: "What? Haven't you ever had a one night stand before?"

Me: ".............."

Me: "Okay, listen. I'm going to take a shower. I don't care where you sleep- whether it's in this bed or on the couch downstairs. BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO BE WITH ME."

I stomp off and get ready for bed. When I return, the man is still in bed. SNORING.

OH. MY. WORD.

I stomp downstairs and try to get settled on the couch. The couch that is not a bed. The couch that is not MY BED because SOME MAN that I DO NOT KNOW is in MY BED.

The next morning, my friend comes downstairs and says, "So, what happened last night? Why aren't you upstairs in bed?"

Me: "You do know that there was a strange man in my bed, right?"

Friend: "Of course! That's Alex! Don't you remember we talked about it?"

Me: "Um. No. I would have remembered that conversation."

Friend: "Well, we talked about it. And don't worry! He had pants on!"

OHMYWORD.

Me: "OHMYWORD. ohmyWORD. We did NOT have that conversation. And I am not sharing a bed with him tonight. I don't care if he is sleeping in a haz mat suit!"




I took the couch. Again. WHEN did my life get so.......bizarre?

2 comments:

  1. OH.MY.WORD! Your life IS so bizarre! That is insane and terribly disappointing! But so good for a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you made his night though! I think about every man's dream is to be sleeping alone and be woken up by a beautiful woman who is going to climb in bed with him. At least he alerted you before you started to climb in bed! And yes, you do have very weird adventures!

    ReplyDelete