Thursday, February 17, 2011

Awwwwwkkkkkwaaarrrrrrrdddd

*I recently was telling my mom about a conversation I had with a male friend of mine. He was encouraging me to move to Florida because clearly I was too attractive to be single. I would be more "appreciated" in there.

(THAT'S not awkward at all.)


Me:  "Mom, my friend wants me to move to Florida. He says he can set me up with some of his friends. He doesn't understand why I'm still single."

Mom: "Well, clearly he thinks you're a lesbian."

Me: "..........."

Me: "What, Mom?"

Mom: "Well really, Meredith. There must be something wrong with you if you are still single at your age."

ohmyword.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if I'd be more humored or irritated by your mom's comment. I know plenty of professional women who see life as a bigger picture than marriage. I mean, we all hope for that special someone to show up at some point (myself included at nearly 28), but there's nothing wrong with either one of us. We're living life and enjoying it to its' fullest with the people around us. Chances are, with that attitude, you'll eventually bump into somebody you can share the party with for life. But in the meanwhile, you've gained a much more developed and clear picture of who YOU are. And that maturity is gonna help you, and whoever you end up with, a LOT in the long-run.

    ReplyDelete